Kelbourne Woolens August Mitten
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturdays: January 19, February 2 and 16, 2019; 1:30 - 3:00 pm.
Join Marsha in knitting the "August Mittens" from the Kelbourne Woolens Year of Mittens. The cables on the August Mitten are inspired by the rich history of intricate stitching that is common in Ireland and the British Isles, and the cables show beautifully when knit in Fibre Company Cumbria Fingering. Marsha will teach how to work cables from charts, how to cable without a cable needle, and how to swatch and measure gauge in a cable pattern.
Experience: Intermediate level - comfortable working in the round on a small circumference.
- "August Mittens," available to purchase from Ravelry
- 328 yards of fingering weight yarn; pattern calls for Fibre Company Cumbria Fingering
- DPNs US 1 (2.25 mm) and US 2 (2.75 mm)
- Refunds for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds for missed classes cannot be made.