Beyond Binding Off
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturday, October 26, 2019; 3:00-5:00 pm.
Learn a few new ways to finish off a piece of knitted fabric. Marsha will teach how to bind off in pattern, the three needle bind off, a tubular bind off, and kitchener stitch, sometimes referred to as grafting. She'll also cover a few applications for each of these techniques.
Experience: Students should be comfortable knitting, purling, casting on, and binding off.
- Four swatches using DK or worsted weight yarn, knit as follows:
- Cast on 20 stitches. Work in stockinette stitch (knitting on right side rows, purling on wrong side rows) for 2". Leave on needles, with yarn attached. You'll use two of these swatches for the three needle bind off, and two for kitchener stitch.
- One swatch using DK or worsted weight yarn, knit as follows:
- Cast on 20 stitches. Work in 1x1 ribbing for 2". Leave on needles, with yarn attached. You'll use this swatch for the tubular bind off.
- Darning needle
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.