Beyond Casting On
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturday, March 14, 2020; 1:30-3:30 pm.
Learn a few new ways to get stitches on your needles. Marsha will teach a provisional cast on, the knitted cast on, and how to pick up and knit stitches along the edge of knitted fabric. She'll also cover a few applications for each of these techniques.
Experience: Students should be comfortable knitting, purling, casting on, and binding off.
- A few yards of DK or worsted weight yarn in two colors
- Crochet hook, any size
- Knitting needles suitable for DK or worsted weight yarn (anything between US 5 and 8)
- A swatch knit as follows:
- Cast on 20 stitches. Work in stockinette stitch (knitting on right side rows, purling on wrong side rows) for 4". Bind off.
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.