Cable and Lace Baby Blanket, Throw or Coverlet: Jared Flood’s Umaro
Instructor: Amy Wentley
Saturdays: January 4, 25, and February 22, 2020; 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
The "Umaro" blanket combines a variety of techniques, including cables, lace, and knit-purl patterns, to create a symphony of texture that is soothing to knit and inviting to curl up under. With instructions to knit a range of sizes using DK weight, worsted weight, or bulky weight yarn held double, "Umaro" offers versatile possibilities for decorating your home and for making heirloom pieces for every member of your family.
- Pattern: "Umaro," by Jared Flood, available to purchase through the shop or on Ravelry
- Yarn: "Umaro" comes in three sizes, Baby Blanket (Throw, Coverlet). It gives instructions for three Brooklyn Tweed yarns:
- Needles: A 40" circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed. We will be doing a gauge swatch in the first class. Needles can be purchased from the shop after your gauge is determined.
- Suggested needle size for Arbor: 4.5 mm (US 7)
- Suggested needle size for Shelter: 5.5 mm (US 9)
- Suggested needle size for Quarry: 9 mm (US 13)
- Notions: Blunt tapestry needle, T-pins, blocking wires (optional).Materials are available for purchase here at the shop.
- Refunds or store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds or store credits for missed classes cannot be made.