Cables and garter stitch: Tin Can Knits’ “Bonfire” blanket
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturdays: August 15 and 22, September 26, 2020; 10:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Practice your cable knitting on a cozy garter stitch blanket! Marsha will teach Tin Can Knits' "Bonfire" blanket, knit either in a worsted weight or a super bulky weight yarn. This class is great for a very adventurous beginner or an intermediate knitter who wants to hone their chart reading and cable knitting skills. The pattern is both charted and written.
- Pattern: "Bonfire," by Tin Can Knits; available to purchase from Ravelry
- Worsted weight yarn makes a stroller-size baby blanket, 23" x 25"; Marsha used 570 yards of Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted
- Super bulky weight yarn makes a throw, 40" x 49"; this requires 900 yards of any yarn that knits to 8 stitches = 4"
- For worsted weight - 24" or 32" US 7 or 8
- For super bulky - 40" US 15
- Notions: cable needle, tapestry needle for weaving in ends, stitch markers
Materials are available to purchase here at the shop.
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.