Cables in the round: “Weekend Walking Mitts”
Instructor: Nancy Cavender
Sundays: December 8 and 15, 2019; 1:00-3:00 pm.
These "Weekend Walking Mitts" are designed with extra length added to the fingers; unfold it for winter warmth, or wear them folded back when it's time to use your hands. They are knit in the round in DK weight yarn with decorative cables. Nancy will teach how to cable without a cable needle and how to work from charts; the pattern is both charted and written out.
Experience: Students should be comfortable knitting and purling in the round.
- "Weekend Walking Mitts" pattern by Dianna Walla, available to purchase from Ravelry
- DK weight wool, such as Fibre Company Lore. Mitts are available in three sizes: 6.5 (7.5, 8.5) ” hand circumference; you'll need 170 (195, 220) yards for the project.
- US #3 double pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
Materials are available to purchase here at the shop.
- Refunds or store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds or store credits for missed classes cannot be made.