Chart Reading Basics
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Sunday, November 10, 2019; 3:00-5:00 pm.
Charts are a graphic representation of a knitting pattern. They might look intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, they can be even easier and faster than written instructions. Marsha will teach how to read charts both working flat and in the round, and cover the basics of color, lace and cable charts. Students will practice knitting a swatch from a simple chart during class.
Experience: students should be comfortable casting on, knitting, and purling.
- DK or worsted weight yarn and needles to work with (anywhere from US 5-8); please come to class with 20 stitches cast on and the first row purled
- Any charts in patterns you have that you would like help interpreting
- Refunds or store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds or store credits for missed classes cannot be made.