Churchmouse Basic Socks
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Sundays: June 9, 16, 23, 30, and July 7, 2019; 3:00-4:30 pm.
Learn to knit basic top-down socks using Churchmouse's "Basic Socks" pattern. Marsha will teach how to knit in the round on double pointed needles, along with basic sock construction, like working a heel flap, picking up stitches, and kitchener stitch for grafting the toe.
Students should be comfortable with casting on, knitting, purling, and decreasing; experience working in the round is helpful, but not required.
- Churchmouse "Basic Sock" pattern, available as a Ravelry download or in print here at the shop
- 350 yards of fingering weight yarn OR 275 yards of DK or sport weight yarn; come by the shop for help selecting something appropriate for socks
- double pointed needles in US 1 for fingering weight socks OR US 3 for sport/DK weight socks
- darning needle for kitchener stitch and weaving in ends
Materials available for purchase at the shop.
- Refunds for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds for missed classes cannot be made.