Double knitting: “Frida” headband
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturdays: May 9 and 23, 2020; 3:00-4:30 pm.
Learn double knitting as you make "Frida," a stockinette headband with a twist. Double knitting is a technique that creates two layers of fabric at once by slipping some stitches and knitting others. Marsha will teach double knitting, binding off in double knitting, seaming, and pattern reading.
Experience: Students should be comfortable casting on and knitting.
- Pattern: "Frida," by Emilie Luis, a free download from Ravelry
- Yarn: 77 yards each of lace and fingering weight yarn, or 77 yards of DK weight yarn.
- Needles: US 6 needles
- Notions: darning needle for seaming
Materials available for purchase at the shop.
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.