Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Sundays: November 10, 17, and 24, 2019; 1:00-3:00 pm.
Learn how to knit in the round on double pointed needles as you make a pair of "Ferryboat Mitts." These classic mitts come in two sizes and two lengths, and are ribbed throughout for a good fit. Marsha will teach swatching in the round, ribbing in the round, and thumb gusset shaping.
Experience: Some experience knitting in the round preferred. Marsha's "Sandoval Hat" class is an excellent warm-up for these mitts!
- "Ferryboat Mitts" pattern by Churchmouse Yarns & Teas, available to purchase from Ravelry
- Worsted weight yarn, like Berroco Ultra Alpaca, Brooklyn Tweed Shelter, or Kelbourne Woolens Germantown; we have lots to choose from here at the shop
- For small/medium size, you'll need 125 yards for the short length or 160 yards for armwarmer length.
- For medium/large size, you'll need 160 yards for the short length or 210 yards for armwarmer length.
- US size 6 and 5 double pointed needles; or size needed to obtain gauge, and one size smaller
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.