Chilly Podster Gloves
Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturdays: March 2, 16, 30, and April 27, 2019; 1:30 - 3:00 pm.
Join Marsha in knitting a pair of "glittens," cozy convertible gloves/mittens. These "Chilly Podsters" are half-fingered with a mitten cap to cover the fingers, and a peek-a-boo thumb so that you can have your tech device and warm hands too. Knit them in fingering weight yarn for a snug fit or in worsted weight for extra warmth - your choice. Marsha will teach how to construct this unusual glove, including working in the round, increasing and decreasing, and picking up stitches.
Experience: you should be comfortable knitting and purling, casting on and binding off. Experience with double-pointed needles will be helpful, but not necessary.
- "Chilly Podsters" or "Podster Gloves," by Glenna C, both are available as free downloads on Ravelry
- 200-230 yards worsted weight yarn OR 300-350 yards fingering weight yarn
- US 3 double pointed needles for worsted weight version OR US 1.5 double pointed needles for fingering weight version
Materials available for purchase at the shop.
- Refunds for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds for missed classes cannot be made.