Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturdays: October 12, 26, and November 9, 2019; 10:00-11:30 am.
Practice your knits and purls as you make "Sandoval," a ribbed beanie with or without a folded brim. Marsha will teach you to combine knits and purls for ribbing, work in the round on circular and double pointed needles, and decrease for the crown of the hat.
Experience: Students should be comfortable knitting and purling; no experience knitting in the round is needed. This class is a great warm-up for Marsha's "Ferryboat Mitts" class!
- "Sandoval Hat" pattern by Robyn Devine, available as a free download from Ravelry
- 130-200 yards aran or heavy worsted weight yarn, such as Swans Island All American Worsted, Kelbourne Woolens Germantown, or Brooklyn Tweed Shelter; we have lots of choices here at the shop
- US 9 16" circular needles and US 9 double pointed needles
- notions: stitch marker, darning needle for weaving in ends
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.