Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Sundays: February 2 and 16, 2020; 3:00-5:00 pm.
In this class, for the adventurous beginner, you will learn new skills as you knit a pair of "Stitch-Sampler Handwarmers." Marsha will teach how to combine knit and purl stitches to create a ridged garter stitch cuff, a smooth stockinette stitch hand, and a springy ribbed edge. Because these handwarmers are knit flat, rather than in the round, you will also learn to seam using mattress stitch for both garter and stockinette.
Experience: students should be comfortable knitting, purling, casting on, and binding off.
- "Stitch-Sampler Handwarmers & Ribbed Scarf Pattern," from the Churchmouse Classroom series
- ~110 yards of worsted or aran weight yarn
- US #8 needles, straight or circular
- locking stitch marker
- darning needle
Materials are available to purchase at the shop.
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.