Stranded Colorwork: “Bousta Beanie”
Instructor: Nancy Cavender
Sundays: February 3 and 17, 2019; 1:00-3:00 pm.
This introductory class will explore 2-color stranded knitting in the round using Gudrun Johnston's "Bousta Beanie" pattern. Bring your needles and yarn to the first class - we will cast on and start knitting together.
Experience: Students should be comfortable with casting on and knitting in the round.
- "Bousta Beanie," by Gudrun Johnston, available to purchase from Ravelry or here at the shop as a Ravelry In-Store Sale.
- Fingering weight wool in 3 colors in the following quantities: Yarn A: 130yds, Yarn B: 65yds, Yarn C: 65yds. Our shop sample is shown in Tukuwool Fingering, but Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift, Brooklyn Tweed Loft and Peerie are also great choices for this pattern.
- US 2.5 and 4 needles for working in the round using the method you prefer; double points, 2 circular needles, Magic Loop, or small circumference circular needle will all work.
- stitch marker
Materials are all available to purchase here at the shop.
- Refunds for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds for missed classes cannot be made.