Stranded Colorwork: “Roadside Beanie”
Instructor: Nancy Cavender
Sundays: May 5 and 19, 2019; 1:00-3:00 pm.
This introductory class will explore 2-color stranded knitting in the round using Oliver Henry and Sandra Manson's "Roadside Beanie" pattern. This is the featured pattern for Shetland Wool Week 2019, and is available as a free download for a limited time. Nancy will teach the basics of stranded colorwork, including how to trap floats in the back of the work when using one color for 10-12 stitches in a row. Bring your needles and yarn to the first class - we will cast on and start knitting together.
Experience: Students should be comfortable with casting on and knitting in the round.
- "Roadside Beanie," by Oliver Henry and Sandra Manson, available for download from Ravelry.
- Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift in 7 colors: Twilight, Grouse, Moss, Dewdrop, Mist, White, and Autumn. We'll have kits available in this colorway soon, or come by to pick 7 colors of your own!
- 2.5 mm and 3 mm needles for working in the round using the method you prefer; double points, 2 circular needles, Magic Loop, or small circumference circular needle will all work.
- stitch marker, tapestry needle
Materials are all available to purchase here at the shop.
- Refunds for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds for missed classes cannot be made.