Instructor: Marsha Krzyzewski
Saturday, April 27, 2019; 10:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Swatches tell you whether your stitches are coming out the right size, among other things. Learn how and why to swatch, and how to tell what stitch pattern and needle size to use when you do. We will cover swatching both flat and in the round, and how to interpret your swatches and change needle size if need be.
Great for beginners! Students should be comfortable knitting and purling.
- Bring a pattern to use as an example during class, for practice identifying gauge and swatching instructions
- Bring three swatches on any kind of yarn, still on the needles:
- Make two as follows: cast on 20 stitches, work 3" in stockinette stitch
- Make one as follows: cast on 20 stitches, work 3" in garter stitch
- Refunds for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds for missed classes cannot be made.