Textured and Folded Top: “Orime,” by Veronik Avery (Section B)
Instructor: Amy Wentley
Saturdays: July 25, August 8, August 29, and September 12, 2020; 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
We are offering 2 sections of this popular class, so make sure to note the correct dates and times for the section you're enrolled in!
Veronik Avery's "Orime," knit in fingering-weight yarn, is designed with an eye for impeccable detail. This demure top features knit stitches arranged diagonally on a background of reverse stockinette, a folded collar and neckline facing for structure and a professional look. Amy will guide students through swatching, knitting, and all the thoughtful finishing details of this project. If you're looking for a little challenge and to learn some interesting construction and finishing techniques, this is the project for you!
Experience: Intermediate. Should be comfortable knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, reading your knitting and reading charts.
- Pattern: "Orime," by Veronik Avery, available to purchase on Ravelry
- Yarn: Fingering weight yarn that knits up to a gauge of 27 sts = 4"; we recommend Brooklyn Tweed Peerie. "Orime" comes in the following sizes: 37 (41, 45½, 49, 53, 57)” circumference at bust. You'll need 1050 (1220, 1400, 1560, 1770, 1955) total yards of fingering weight wool yarn.
- Needles: Two different needle sizes are required for this sweater. We will do a gauge swatch in the first class. Come to class with a US 3 (3.25 mm) circular needle (32") made from the material you most like to work with (wood or metal). For the ribbing, you will also need a 32" circular needle and a set of double-pointed needles in a needle size that is 0.5mm smaller (the pattern suggests US 2, 2.75mm). Needles can be purchased from the shop after your gauge is determined.
- Notions: Stitch markers, blunt tapestry needle, stitch holders or waste yarn, cable needle (CN), locking markers or coilless safety pins. If working Tubular Cast On, you will also require smooth waste yarn (fingering weight cotton, silk, or bamboo yarn). You may use another cast on if desired, omitting this tool. Materials are available for purchase here at the shop.
- Refunds and store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was closed for inclement weather.
- Refunds and store credits for missed classes cannot be made.