As you may remember from years past, or may have seen in our most recent email newsletter, October marks the 14 year anniversary of the Hillsborough Yarn Shop!
This year has been an unusual one, to say the least – the pandemic has dramatically changed the way we do business. Safety has to come first, though it also comes between all you fiber-lovers and the usual HYS shopping experience, where seeing and touching yarn in person is expected. The way we do business may have changed this year, but our goal has remained the same since Anne first opened in 2006: to bring the best natural fiber yarns, tools, and publications to stitchers in the Triangle. By that measure, in my opinion, Anne has succeeded tremendously, and I am so proud to be on her team, spending my days in this special shop.
Our closure to walk-ins won’t stop our annual Anniversary Sale! From October 20 – 24, everything in stock will be 15% off, with the exception of the already discounted yarns in our Sale Trunk. This is the time to treat yourself to some exciting new yarns, splurge on an inspiring book, and save on that special project you’ve been wanting to start this fall.
Looking for inspiration? Here are some of the most popular projects here at the shop, shown in blog posts with yarns and color combinations aplenty:
- Grace Anna Farrow’s “Dawn” shawl, knit with Isager Spinni
- Ella Austin’s “Pinwheel Mitts,” knit with Isager Highland Wool
- Tif Neilan’s “Soulful Slouchy Hat,” knit with Brooklyn Tweed Peerie
- Sharon Lentsch’s “Perky Little Hat,” knit with Malabrigo Rasta
- Andrea Mowry’s “Tincture” hat, knit with Malabrigo Caprino and Shibui Haven
- Andrea Mowry’s “The Shift” cowl, knit with Malabrigo Arroyo and Mountain Meadow Wool Cody
- Ann Weaver’s “Yipes Stripes Cowl,” knit with Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted
- Tin Can Knits’ “Dog Star” pullover, knit with Berroco Ultra Wool DK
- Caitlin Hunter’s “Soldotna Crop” pullover, knit with Isager Jensen
- Marie Greene’s “Soundtrack” pullover, knit with Kelbourne Woolens Scout
A reminder: all sales are final on discounted items; there will be no exchanges or returns. Thanks!