We are delighted to announce that Brooklyn Tweed’s newest yarn has arrived! Meet Ranch 03, the third in Brooklyn Tweed’s series of single-source, small-batch yarns.
Brooklyn Tweed Ranch 03:
- sport weight
- worsted spun, 5 ply
- 100% merino wool
- 170 yards/50g
- $16.50 each
Ranch 03 is a sport weight, worsted-spun, limited edition, ranch-specific Merino yarn, which means every fiber in these skeins was sourced from a single flock of sheep living on Campbell-Hansmire Ranch in Eagle County, Colorado.
Brooklyn Tweed has always sought to highlight single breed wools and support US ranchers with sustainable environmental practices. This project allows them to shine a spotlight on the people and practices behind their yarns, one ranch at a time.
After the wool was sourced at Campbell-Hansmire Ranch in Wyoming, scoured at Chargeurs in South Carolina, and spun at Worsted Spinning New England in Maine, it traveled here to North Carolina to be dyed at Ultimate Textiles in Rutherfordton. We are not often able to trace a path directly from sheep to skein, but Brooklyn Tweed believes in transparency around the supply chain and in supporting the US fiber industry every step of the way.
What to knit with Ranch 03? The BT design team has come up with a trio of new patterns, showing off what Ranch 03 can do in colorwork, cables, and simple texture:
- “Spero,” by Jared Flood – colorwork yoke pullover
- “Dalleray,” by Lis Smith – cabled cowl in two sizes
- “Hansmire,” by Jared Flood – ribbed hat for all ages – free with purchase of Ranch 03!
I got a head start on my “Dalleray” cowl, and I’m loving every springy stitch. Can’t wait to see it finished and blocked!
Here are some more ideas for Ranch 03 from independent designers:
- “Lehto,” by Anna Johanna – colorwork yoke pullover, from the new Strands of Joy
- “Sonrae,” by Jennifer Steingass – colorwork yoke pullover
- “Emsworth,” by Isabell Kraemer – textured pullover vest
- “Miami Cuban Cap,” by Anne Hanson – cabled hat
- “Pixie Dust,” by Tamy Gore – asymmetric shawl with brioche, eyelets, and slipped stitches
Order Ranch 03 online for local pickup or shipping!