We were thrilled to unpack a long-awaited box of Malabrigo Caprino this week!
- DK weight
- hand-dyed, variegated, speckled, and semi-solid colorways
- 80% merino, 20% cashmere
- 159 yards/50 g
- $18 each
Like many Malabrigo yarns, Caprino comes in a familiar selection of semi-solid, variegated, and speckled colorways.
Earlier this year, I used 6 skeins of Caprino to make a “Nightshift,” Andrea Mowry’s oh-so-popular slip-stitch shawl. Never mind that the pattern called for aran weight yarn and Caprino is DK – I liked the fabric I got on a US 7 needle and after blocking it was plenty big enough, if not an exact match of Mowry’s suggested dimensions.
If you’d like to make a “Nightshift” with Caprino, get in touch and we’ll help you put some colors together!
If “Nightshift” isn’t your thing, or you’ve already made one or two, here are some other patterns to consider:
- “Novemberist Hat,” by Vanessa Smith – colorwork hat and mitts
- “Pātikitiki Hat,” by Francoise Danoy – colorwork hat and cowl
- “Tincture,” by Andrea Mowry – mosaic hat
- “Ikigai Cowl,” by Breean Elyse Miller – openwork ribbed cowl
- “Dissent Cowl (knit),” by Carissa Browning – slip-stitch cowl inspired by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s famous collar
Eager to get some Caprino into your hands and onto your needles? Order online for local pickup or shipping!