Malabrigo Arroyo is back in stock!
This sport weight superwash merino is a favorite around here, and its cubby was looking empty before this week’s shipment arrived.
Each 100 gram skein of Arroyo boasts 335 yards, enough for a scarf, cowl, shawlette, hat, tiny baby sweater, or pair of mitts. Here are a few pattern ideas, projects that knitters on Ravelry have used Arroyo for again and again:
- “The Age of Brass and Steam,” by Orange Flower Yarn – stockinette shawlette with eyelet stripes
- “Black Locust Mitts,” by Jessica Yesin – mesh lace fingerless mitts
- “Zuzu’s Petals,” by Carina Spencer – floral lace cowl
- “Shiftalong,” by Andrea Mowry – slip stitch hat
- “Dog Star,” by Tin Can Knits – colorwork yoke pullover, in sizes from newborn to adult 4XL
We have two samples at the shop knit with Malabrigo Arroyo, as well – a newborn-sized “Baby Surprise Jacket,” and a “Drop Stitch Scarf.” Though the latter calls for worsted weight yarn on a US 8 needle, I made our sample with one skein of Arroyo on a US 7, casting on an extra pattern repeat to make up the difference in width.
You’ll find Malabrigo Arroyo in the sport weight section here at our shop, and check out our whole selection of Malabrigo yarns while you’re here!