After nearly selling out of the stuff during our July sale, Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Crazy is back!
Zauberball Crazy is a marled fingering weight yarn that slowly changes from one color to the next several yards at a time, so that whatever you’re knitting or crocheting with it comes out striped.
I love to see patterns that set off a self-striping yarn with a solid color – it can break up the stripes, softening the appearance, or draw attention to the construction of the garment. Here are a few pattern ideas:
- “Botanic Shawl,” by Stephen West
- “Spectra” scarf, by Stephen West
- “Pucker” socks, by General Hogbuffer
- “Butterfly/Papillon” shawl, by Marin Melchior
- “ZickZack Scarf,” by Christy Kamm – The one shown below was knit by our friend Winnie using Zauberball Crazy in 1564 and Malabrigo Sock in Lettuce.
We’re happy to help you find just the right solid color to set off the Zauberball Crazy in your next project, sending photos of several options, helping calculate yardage, and so on. We also keep the single-ply Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in stock, along with the sport weight Zauberball Starke 6 – get in touch with questions or to place an order!