We’re delighted to have five new colors of Kelbourne Woolens Andorra!
Kelbourne Woolens Andorra:
- sport weight
- 60% merino wool, 20% highland wool, 20% mohair
- 185 yards/50 g
- $12 each
Andorra is a bouncy sport weight blend of merino and highland wool with a dash of mohair. It’s a wooly, lustrous 2-ply with a medium twist, not too tight or loose, and especially after knitting, it looks pleasantly fuzzy – perfect for colorwork knitting!
Members of our HYS Hat Club got two skeins of Andorra in their most recent bundles, contrasting colors to make Tressa Weidenaar’s “Pyramid Hike Hat.” The pattern is named for Pyramid Peak in Weidenaar’s home state of New Mexico, and the colorwork motif suggests high mountains and wide, clear skies.
I had fun putting these combinations together with the “Pyramic Hike Hat” in mind – there are so many possibilities with all these colors!
Here are a few other intriguing patterns for Andorra:
- “Adventura,” by Laura Nelkin – choose-your-own adventure color-block shawl
- “Snow Drop Hat,” by Kate Gagnon Osborn – geometric colorwork hat
- “OneOne Winter Hat,” by Karen Vølund Fechter – vertical striped colorwork hat with corrugated ribbing
- “Jenny,” by Courtney Kelley – Bohus-inspired colorwork yoke pullover
- “Fine Lines,” by Lori Versaci – striped ribbed tee
Order online for local pickup or shipping! We’re still closed to walk-in browsing, but are otherwise here for orders and pickups between 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays. Thanks for your support!