Everything in our shop is 15% off during July, our Annual Inventory Sale! All month, I’ll be shining a spotlight on the yarns we have in stock – today, let’s look at Brooklyn Tweed Vale!
Brooklyn Tweed Vale:
- lace weight
- 2 ply, worsted-spun
- 100% Rambouillet wool
- 450 yards/50 grams
- $15 each
Like all Brooklyn Tweed yarns, Vale is entirely sourced, spun, and dyed in the US, reflecting the company’s steadfast allegiance to domestic textiles. The fiber is worsted-spun for a smooth yarn with sharp stitch definition, then skein-dyed at the Saco River Dyehouse in Maine. Vale is also spectacularly bouncy in the skein and in the hand, full of elasticity – one of my favorite yarn qualities.
What to make with Vale? Here are a few ideas:
- “Kotiri Shawl,” by Francoise Danoy – triangular lace shawl
- “Pikorua Shawl,” by Francoise Danoy – asymmetric, 2-color garter stitch and lace shawl
- “Chrysanthemum Shawl,” by Francoise Danoy – half-circle lace shawl
- “Into the Wind Cowlette,” by Safiyyah Talley – lace cowl/shawl hybrid trimmed with bobbles and fringe
- “Rocio,” by Joji Locatelli – top down cardigan with lace detail at back
- “Thoughts,” by Joji Locatelli – knee-length cardigan with eyelet details
Order online for local pickup or shipping via USPS Priority Mail!
Just a reminder–all sales are final on discounted items; there can be no exchanges or returns. Thanks!