As soon as we saw Shibui Haven, another DK weight merino/cashmere blend came to mind – Malabrigo Caprino. Though these yarns have gauge, fiber content, yardage, and texture in common, they have such different looks simply because of how they’re dyed.
- DK weight
- hand-dyed, variegated, speckled, and semi-solid colorways
- 80% merino, 20% cashmere
- 159 yards/50 g
- $18 each
I’m intrigued by the contrast between Shibui’s austere solids and Malabrigo’s wild hand-dyed shades, and I think they’d play beautifully together.
Here are a few pattern ideas for Haven and Caprino:
- “Novemberist Hat,” by Vanessa Smith – colorwork hat and mitts
- “Pātikitiki Hat,” by Francoise Danoy – colorwork hat and cowl
- “Tincture,” by Andrea Mowry – mosaic hat
- “OhBoy,” by Katrin Schubert – brioche hat
- “Azula,” by Woolly Wormhead – short rows, garter stitch intarsia hat
Eager to get these squishy cashmere yarns into your hands and onto your needles? Order online for local pickup or shipping!