Isager Silk Mohair is the newest yarn here at our shop, a fine and fluffy yarn that plays well with others. We are particularly enthused about pairing it with Brooklyn Tweed Quarry, a woolen spun yarn found in our bulky weight section. Silk Mohair brings softness and a fuzzy halo to Quarry, which is lofty and structured, ideal for a cozy winter sweater.
Anne knit up a simple hat with this alluring combination, following Earth Guild’s “Super Simple Circular Hat Calculator.”
- Isager Silk Mohair: lace weight, 70% kid mohair, 30% silk, 233 yards/25 g, $16 each
- Brooklyn Tweed Quarry: bulky weight, 100% Targhee-Columbia wool, 200 yards/100 g, $21 each
One skein of each will make a hat like Anne’s; here are some more pattern ideas for this yarn pairing!
- “Novice Sweater – Chunky Edition,” by PetiteKnit – top-down, circular yoke pullover
- “Novice Cardigan – Chunky Edition,” by PetiteKnit – top down, circular yoke cardigan
- “Sunday Sweater,” by PetiteKnit – top-down, ribbed yoke pullover
- “Carbeth Swan Dance,” by Kate Davies – bottom-up, lace paneled, funnel-neck pullover
- “Cool Cape,” by Anna & Heidi Pickles – hooded or turtleneck poncho
- “Edie hat,” by Sari Nordlund – double-layered hat
Look for Isager Silk Mohair in the lace weight section and Brooklyn Tweed Quarry in the bulky weight section – see you at the shop!